Ranting Pianist's Christmas Wish List 2
- First and foremost I'd like a covid-19 vaccine - one that actually ends the pandemic and the restrictions. I think we've all seen enough of this virus business by now.
- Snow to Helsinki, in large quantities. And minus degrees, preferably lower than 10°C, for a couple of months. Finnish winter darkness + rain + covid = total blackness of the soul.
- The ability to learn music by heart quickly. I used to have it when I was young and the world was beautiful, but I seem to have lost it along the years. If you find it, please send it back.
- Playable vocal scores of Wagner operas, with lines and chords that can actually be heard from the orchestra. Arrangers - can you please stop pretending pianists have three hands AND the motivation to learn stuff for all of them?
- Last year I wished for a better understanding of the tax system, and the wish came more or less true: I submitted the things and didn't get arrested for tax fraud. That was a big personal win. So this time I'd really love to get an app that creates instant reference lists without any effort from the user - you just think of a reference and ta-dah! It appears on an excel sheet. Surely some coder has already done this?!
- A live performance, or ten, or twenty. And if not these...
- ...I'd like to win in EuroJackpot, thank you. It wouldn't have to be one of the big wins, either - 10 or 15 million would do just fine.
- Oh, and world peace. Merry Christmas to you all!